About The Ultimate 1980's Trivia Quiz
All right people, now there is no excuse! You THINK you remember
everything about when you grew up - that magnificent decade called the
Eighties. Well, here's a slight quiz to test your knowledge. Don't be
fooled by some of the easy questions, for there are others that you'll
agonize over because you can remember their faces, but their names are
lost somewhere in your subconscious.
Instructions: Take pencil in hand, (a pen might work) call the
neighbors, gather your office buddies around, man the phones and send that
E-Mail. Take as much time as you need to determine the answers to the
questions below. Stop when ever necessary to take a break, call an expert,
or to go rent the movie to find an answer. When you are finished, you may
check your answers below. There is no formal way to rate yourself but
lets just say that if you can't even make a reasonable guess on at least
half of the questions, you are problablly not an 80's person or somehow
managed to withdrawl from life for an entire decade.
After you blow your mind, send it to fellow 80's children and see if they
remember the days of Fruit Roll-Ups and Menudo as well as they say they
Ultimate 1980's Trivia Quiz Questions
Source of questions:
Answers Compiled by:
Roshan's Humour List - By Roshan Sembacuttiaratchy
and The E-Funnies Mailing List (inactive) - By Rustin Kreider
Latest version maybe found at:
This is Version 3.81: 16th September 2002
Check the Answers!
- What was the British equivalent of "We Are The World?"
- Name six members of the Brat Pack.
- What Liverpool band popularized the Doors' "People Are Strange?"
in the 80's?
- Who had the trademark saying "Nanoo Nanoo?"
- What was the original name of Duran Duran?
- What was the name of ET's favorite candy?
- What did people desperately try to avoid getting on "Press Your
- Name 3 books by Judy Blume or Beverly Cleary.
- Who was the leader of the Transformers? (according to the cartoon)
- Where did the Super friends congregate and watch the latest happenings
on a big screen TV?
- What group did New Order evolve from?
- What were the names of Kevin's best friend and girl friend on "The
- What was the name of the mechanical bear on Battlestar Galactica?
- What commercial was Michael Jackson singing for when his hair caught
- Who was the 4th child on "Growing Pains?"
- Name 3 Strawberry Shortcake characters. (besides Strawberry
- What, according to GI Joe, was "Half the battle"?
- What was the name of the Bjork-fronted 80's band?
- Who lamented about "No chocolate-covered candy hearts to give away
and no wedding Saturday within the month of June"?
- What famous Wham! frontman went on to record a multiplatinum
record in 1987?
- What was Dustin Hoffman's character's name in "Rain Man?"
- Name all five New Kids On The Block.
- What was the name of the show that featured Larry Appleton and his
zany foreign cousin?
- Who played Sarah Connor in 1984's "Terminator"?
- Name 8 Muppets from "The Muppet Show".
- Who was the actress that played Ferris Bueller's sister? Hint: Patrick
Swayze showed her "the time of her life" in a movie a couple years
- Who was the original singer of Los Lobos' 1987 hit "La Bamba"?
- What was the name of the once Morrissey-fronted band in the 80's?
- Who was the actress that made waves in 1984's "Splash"?
- Who was the lead actress in the famous bomb "Grease 2"?
- What craft toy involved cutting plastic figures, coloring them in,
and then baking them in the oven?
- Name 3 glam rock bands of the 80's.
- What planet was Spock brought back to life on?
- Name 3 of the actors from "The Goonies".
- What was the famous line uttered by an old woman in Wendy's ads?
- Name the four ghosts from the Pac-Man video game.
- What were the names of the Saturday morning cartoon critters who
lived in air-vents and befriended a boy who kept their secret
- Name Eddie Murphy's skit about vocabulary on Saturday Night Live.
- What was the name of Michael Knight's car?....now, what was the name
of his boss?
- What actor mouthed the line "Whatch you talkin' 'bout Willis?"
- Who played Axel Foley's best friend in Detroit?
- What was the name of the funky van Scooby Doo and Friends rode in?
- To what does the obscure song "Turning Japanese" refer?
- Which red-head won Star Search and then went on a shopping mall singing
tour that took America by storm in 1987 and 1988?
- Which band had members Robert Palmer, Andy and John Taylor, and Tony
- What were the names of all five Huxtable kids on "The Cosby Show?"
- What were the names of the four Golden Girls?
- What was the claymation Domino's Pizza thing to avoid?
- What oldies song was revived by the movie about a certain principal
named Joe Clark?
- What was the name of Ripley's ship in Aliens? (not Alien or Alien3)
- What TV actress co-starred in 1986's "Howard The Duck"?
- Name 5 movies written and/or directed by John Hughes in the 1980's.
- What was the first video played on MTV?
- What was the name of Garfield's teddy bear?
- What was the name of the bartender on "The Love Boat"?
- Who was the head villian on "The Smurfs" and what was his cat's
- What was the name of the guy who couldn't enunciate on "The Fat
- What was the name of the hollow hole-covered plastic ball kids used to
to hit instead of a baseball?
- What was the name of the singer who died in Robotech's first
- What was the name of Bo and Luke Duke's automobile?
- Name 3 of the original 5 MTV VeeJays.
- What German siren sang "99 Luftballons"? (known in the US as "99
- Name the 5th original member of Depeche Mode who left the band, formed
Yaz, and then went on form a more-lasting group.
- What group sang "Come On Eileen"?
- What speed did Marty have to reach in order to activate the flux
capacitor? (once you remember the movie, this should be easy)
- Name the two mega-popular bands which got their start on
college-radio in Athens, Georgia?
- What was the name of the heroic boy in "The Never Ending Story?
- So, who shot JR?
- What kind of sword did Thundar the Barbarian have?
- What was the name of He-Man's magician sidekick?
- What band sang the theme song to "The Breakfast Club?"
- Name the ORIGINAL girls from the "Facts of Life" and their chaperone.
- What gothic rock group did "Tones on Tail" become?
- What were the names of the host and his sidekick on "Fantasy
- Name Buck Rodgers' pal.
- What was the movie that starred the little furry creatures
from "Return of the Jedi"?
- What was Tom Cruise's call sign in the movie "Top Gun"?
- Who got his 100-meter dash gold medal stripped away due to
his steroid use in the 1988 Olympics?
- Who sang "Shattered Dreams" in 1987?
- Who played Ming of Mongo in "Flash Gordon"?
Goto Eighties Home Page
Goto My Home Page
Last modified September 2002
This page was created and is currently maintained by
Rustin Kreider. The materials presented within this site represent
only the interests of the creator and should not be seen as reflecting on any other party.